The SKZ focuses its activities on the further development and optimization of products and processes. We provide application-oriented support in solving your specific problems.
We support all important areas of the plastics industry:
- Material characteristics and development
- Dispersion technologies
- Plastics processing methods such as compounding, extrusion,
injection molding, additive manufacturing, composite production and joining
- Product-related technologies and measurement techniques such as spectroscopy,
non-destructive testing, component properties and surface technology
- Sustainability and circular economy
Benefit from our extensive experience in the successful submission of applications,
organization and implementation of research projects.
Publicly funded research projects
There are numerous funding programs at federal and state level. We will support you in finding the right program, including innovation vouchers and funding programs, e.g. from the BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research) and BMWI (Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action).
SKZ enabler projects
SKZ enabler projects are industry-financed contract researches that are conducted for and with several companies on topics that are practical, innovative, technologically valuable and up to date. The companies share the project expenses.The results of the projects benefit exclusively the participating companies as no public funds are acquired.
Together with you, we pave the way to the future.
- We ensure permanent technology transfer through regular project meetings and presentations of the results
- Your company-specific know-how is not disclosed and / or spread
- Project results are subject to confidentiality for the duration of the project (and beyond if agreed) and are not published during this time
- Our aim is to make the jointly developed project results usable for you on a company-specific basis in order to offer you maximum added value from the project
- The duration of the projects is usually 12 months, 18 months or 24 months
- The number of companies in the projects varies between 5 and 50 companies
Your benefits at a glance:
- In a short time and at comparatively low cost, you can achieve results that will move your company forward
- Member companies of the SKZ network benefit from discounts
- If required, you can book additional company-specific pools of hours for the project