Even if some companies already use additive manufactured parts in their series production, jumping over the hurdle for a wider range of articles requires to optimize the break-even point by cost reduction and process improvements.
To support mainly small and medium sized companies in building up additive production facilities and know how, the SKZ has started to set up a competence center for additive manufacturing systems, focused on SLS and FDM technology.
The main targets of the new SKZ competence center for additive manufacturing are:
· R&D activities closely linked to applications
· Support for Quality controlled performance
· Cost reduction by optimization of processes and material
· Development of new materials with customized properties
· Process consulting for companies
· Training and education of staff
We are looking forward getting your requirements for this exciting new area of activities.
Model of a clamping unit made by SLS with polyamide 12