The artificial weathering tests are standardised laboratory tests for simulating outdoor conditions, with UV radiation exposure being the major ageing factor.
Compared to outdoor weathering tests on the one hand the artificial weathering tests enable considerable time savings and on the other hand provide test results which are markedly more reproducible thanks to the constant weathering conditions. SKZ owns several Xenon and QUV weatherometers in order to be able to cover as many different test procedures as possible and implement them in a timely manner.
Our test procedures include:
- General Xenon weathering tests (DIN EN ISO 4892-1 and -2, DIN EN 513)
- General QUV tests (DIN EN ISO 4892-1 and -3)
- Determination of weather fastness and weather resistance (RAL GZ 716/1)
- Weathering tests according to different automobile regulations (e.g. PV 3930)
- Weathering tests with a Weather-Ometer (e.g. according to SAE J 2527 or SAE J 1960)
- High-temperature weathering tests (e.g. according to PV 1303)
- Suntest weathering for the testing of complete moulded parts
- Suntest weathering with window glass filtering for the testing of interior elements
- Outdoor weathering tests
Further relevant standards:
- ISO 11341
- DIN EN ISO 11507
- DIN EN 12224